Commercial fires, i.e., the fires in commercial buildings, cause heavy damage to lives and properties. Apart from the loss of lives, loss of business is imminent. It includes damage to grocery stores, retail stores, big box stores, distribution centers, restaurants, apartments, etc. The cost of damage reaches up to millions of dollars. Therefore, as an owner, it is your key responsibility to keep your employees, customers, and properties safe from the disaster of fire by installing proper Commercial Fire Alarm Services. It includes the following features-
- Timely inspections of buildings
- Installations of new systems
- Testing and reporting of its function
- Repairs and replacement of parts as per the requirements
- Good maintenance
- Upgradation of equipment and services
There are various causes of fires in commercial buildings. Some of the most common causes are- smoking materials, electrical shots, heating equipment, lighting equipment, cooking equipment, exposed wiring, overloaded circuits, etc. The significance of well-functioning fire alarms cannot be underemphasized. Fire alarms are an integral part of fire safety systems. Implementing the correct fire alarm system can protect the building and its occupants by effectively reducing damage to lives and properties.
Fire Alarm System
Commercial fire alarm systems are designed to give prompt caution to prevent a small flame from turning into a disastrous blaze. It controls fire and protects from the dangers of toxic smoke, carbon monoxide, sulfides, leaked chemicals, unbearable high temperatures, etc. It takes a few minutes for the fire to gulp down the entire building, leading to severe structural and financial damage along with injury and fatality. Therefore, professionally installed fire alarms protect assets from hazardous blazes and reduce the risk of false alarms. False fire alarms reduce the effectiveness of the alarm but also cause redundant headaches to people in the building.
Types of Fire Alarm System-
Fire alarms can be broadly classified into three main categories: manual, automatic, and Hybrid fire alarm systems.
- Manual fire alarms– As per the name, its activation requires manual hands. It can be activated manually by an individual or resident of the building. It is connected to the central fire alarm system. Numerous pull stations are installed in different places of the building. Whenever there is a fire threat, building occupants can switch on the alarm by pulling the lever.
- Automatic fire alarms– A modified version of a fire alarm system is installed with a heat detector or smoke detector. Whenever the detector senses any smoke or increase in heat, it starts ringing and instantly notifies the firefighting authorities or teams. It is capable enough to protect the building even if no occupants or humans are unaware of the fire. It also sends audio-visual alerts to all the people in the building as soon as it detects the early indications of fire.
- Hybrid fire alarms are an advanced version of a fire alarm system. It is designed superficially to combine the capabilities of both manual and automatic fire alarm systems. Various versions of wired and wireless hybrid fire alarms are available.
Components of fire alarm services–
The components play a key role in doing the alarm work, including the data that is required to feed and processed into the alarm (such as smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, temperature sensors, sirens, and water sensor alarms) and the actions set off by the alarm (such as- fire sprinklers, evacuations systems, fire suppression systems, emergency announcements, and lights, etc.). These are described below-
- A control panel for monitoring system integrity by controlling input and output.
- Automatic sensors for heat, flames, smoke, carbon monoxide, short circuit, etc.
- Manual pull stations
- Monitoring the false alarms
- Notification devices to alert the people of the building, such as sirens, flashlights, and speakers.
- Safety systems of building such as emergency exit doors and ventilating systems.
- Fire control units extinguish the fire with water and non-water agents.
Inspection process of Commercial Fires
The maintenance of fire alarms is of utmost importance for their proper functioning. It involves timely testing and verification of the following-
- Control panel of the fire alarm
- Field devices
- Power supplies
- Manual pull stations
- Detectors for smoke, toxic gas, and excess heat
- Sprinkler systems
- Sirens and speakers
- Signals to central station
- Fire suppressants
It provides the latest technology of the finest quality and is one of the most reliable fire alarm system services to prevent commercial buildings from fire mishaps. It also offers exclusive services regarding fire alarm installations, monitoring, inspections, and other essential protections for life and business safety. It has a team of certified professionals to handle and prevent fire. The cost is affordable and varies on the complexity of installation, size of the building, number of devices, and types of alarms. It is available 24/7 and is done by the best technicians who take care of your building as much as you and your people. Thus, it is a well-proven and best service of fire alarms.